Answered By: Colleen Lougen Last Updated: Oct 06, 2016 Views: 25
To find historical stock prices, you can consult older issues of newspapers. We have the Wall Street Journal online from 1984- present. You can also use either of the following sources to locate, customize a date range, and download historical stock prices:
Mergent Online database
Thirty years of daily, weekly, and monthly prices. Includes open, high, low, close and volume.
Hoover's Online database
Provides profiles of of the largest public and private companies worldwide.
Contains leads to company information, including history, list of officers, summary of operations, competitors, and a financial summary. Includes historical stock prices and competitive landscape.
Easiest source to use to access historical stock prices for one company;
- Enter ticker symbol for desired company
- Click on the Historical Prices link
- Daily stock prices available from 1/2/1962 - present
- Data points: Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume Adjusted Close
- Click on the Download to Spreadsheet link at the bottom of your returned results to export data into Excel
Most useful for getting a quote for a specific date. Does not offer data downloads.