Answered By: Emily Heimbender Last Updated: Jan 06, 2016 Views: 16
To number pages in APA Format, you need to have a different title page header than the rest of the document, and the title page should not have a page number but all the rest do.
What to do (In Microsoft Word):
1. Click on the Insert tab
2. Page Number --> Top of Page --> Plain Number 3 (will number pages on the top right)
3. Design tab (will automatically appear after selecting Plain Number 3)
4. Check the box that says “Different First Page”
The words you type in your title page header will now be different than the rest of the document.
The words you type in the abstract page header will match the rest of the document.
5. Highlight page number and right click
6. Select “Format Page Numbers”
7. Under the Page Numbering area, click on the Start At bubble
8. Type in 0 (zero)
9. OK; The title page will be page #0 (zero) so your abstract will start at 1 and the subsequent pages will follow in numerical order.